I am an experienced counsellor and member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am also trained in Internal Family Systems, (IFS), Identity-orientated Psychotrauma therapy (IoPT) -formerly called Trauma Constellations and am a TRE Certified Provider. TRE being Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises developed by David Berceli.
My core training is in Psychosynthesis, although I also draw on other modalities such as, psychodynamic, humanistic, Jungian, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Identity-orientated Psychotrauma therapy and gestalt approaches. This is so that I can tailor the way I work in order to suit the unique therapeutic needs of each individual.
My approach is based on the belief that we are all intrinsically whole but through life’s sometimes harsh experiences and challenges we can lose touch with that feeling of wholeness and well-being and instead experience dissatisfaction, pain and emptiness.
I offer one-to-one Counselling, one-to-one and group IoPT Constellations, Internal Family Systems and Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises.
I run a private practice online and also in person in Mitcham (CR4), Surrey which is close to Colliers Wood Tube (Zone 3), Wimbledon and Croydon where I provide one-to-one counselling, Internal Family Systems , one-to-one IoPT constellations and TRE.
I run monthly group Identity-orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT) Constellation workshops (currently online).
I abide by the Code of Practice and Ethics of BACP and receive professional supervision on all aspects of my practice.
Qualifications, training and experience.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling validated by the University of East London, and accredited by the BACP.
- Somatic Trauma Therapy Training with Babette Rothschild -in order to work with people experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Identity-orientated Psychotrauma therapy (IoPT), formerly called Trauma Constellations; Multi-Generational Psycho-Traumatology and the Constellation of the Intention.
- TRE Certified Provider (TRE- Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises)
- WPF Therapy Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills.
- Internal Family Systems levels 1, 2 and 3
- Provided counselling at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust and also the Wimbledon Guild of Social Welfare where I also worked as an assessor.
- Worked for the National Health Service (NHS) for over eight years as a Stop Smoking Advisor, the government-funded programme called “Shift” which aimed to tackle the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health problems and more recently for South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust where I worked on a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service transformation project.
- Assisted on the training courses run at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust.
- Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)